Sunday, August 10, 2008

Speech! Speech!

Last Tuesday, I gave my speech at the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night kickoff. For those who don't know, Light the Night is a big fundraiser for the LLS, as well as a walk to honor those with blood cancers, as well as those who lost their fight. The kickoff was for team captains and corporate fundraisers. I was scheduled in to be the featured speaker.

It was held at T. Burkes in King of Prussia to honor the owner, who recently passed on from leukemia. I thought that was an incredible offering by the bar / restaurant, as the food was incredible as was the room they gave us.

Prior to my speech, they showed a video showcasing last year's Light the Night. Suzanne was in tears, and I started getting a little choked up. NOT how I wanted to go onstage. I held it together, and gave a decent 10 minute speech (at least I was told it was good!) on my story, and why supporting the LLS is as important as it is. That was the easy part.

I enjoyed it, and if it helped motivate one person in that room to raise more funds, then it was worth every minute.

Speaking of, I will have a link over to the side with my team pretty soon, and you can donate online! Please think of donating for my team, as my family will be walking this October.

No comments: